Please log in to your account in order to access this material.
Recovery residences promote recovery, which is “a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and strive to reach their full potential (SAMHSA 2012). According to the NARR, recovery residences accomplish this:
- through social model recovery (SMR),
- by providing four supportive dimensions (SD),
- by upholding recovery principles (RP), and
- by increasing recovery capital (RC).
To learn more about each of these frameworks, complete the Recovery Literacy Course.
- NARR Compendium – NARR-Compendium-C-v6 (1)